How To Fix WhatsApp Web Not Working Problem (17 Tips): Today, we’ll show you how to fix the most common problems with WhatsApp Web, the version of WhatsApp that lets you chat through any web browser instead of using the app on your phone or when you want to use WhatsApp on your iPad.
WhatsApp has a web version that users can use to get different benefits. It tells you how to make the most of all the features and options of messaging platforms so you can use them better.
WhatsApp Web is the online version of WhatsApp that works in any browser. It gives users access to some extra features and options.
Here are the most common errors, along with what they mean and what you can do to fix them. 17 Tips To Fix WhatsApp Web Not Working Problem.
Table of Contents
Make sure your browser is compatible.
WhatsApp web requires a compatible browser. WhatsApp Web works with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, and Safari. If you’re using one of these browsers and still get the error, you may have an old version. Fixing this error is easy:
- Use one of the supported browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge or Safari).
- If you still get the message, update your browser to the latest version or try another one from the list.
Turn on the WhatsApp webpage again
If WhatsApp Web doesn’t work, reload the page. Restart WhatsApp Web.
- Click on the Menu button (three dots) on the chat page and select Log out.
- Scan the WhatsApp QR code to log in again.
Check if WhatsApp is down
Check WhatsApp Web first. Web client’s server could be down. Check Downdetector.com. This website shows when WhatsApp Web and other social media apps are down. If WhatsApp is down, use the web client.
Clear the browser’s cache
Outdated cache and cookies can cause WhatsApp web issues. To use WhatsApp web, clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- If using the Google Chrome browser
- Click the top right browser corner menu icon.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
- Select Cache images, files, cookies and other site data.
- Click on Clear data.
Check for browser updates
Chrome auto-updates on Windows and Mac by default. Here’s how to update Google Chrome. Google Chrome updates easily on desktop, Android, and iOS. How to update Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome
- Right-click the three dots.
- Click Update Chrome. If you don’t see this button, you’re using the latest browser.
- Click Relaunch to update Google Chrome.
Change your browser’s settings
- Open Google Chrome and click the three dots.
- Context menu: Choose Settings.
- Click Advanced to expand its options.
- Next, select Reset and clean up option from the tab’s bottom.
- Select the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Click Reset settings to reset Google Chrome.
Use incognito mode in Chrome
Browsers collect data like cookies and cache to improve your browsing experience, but these data can affect URLs like WhatsApp. These data are only available in the standard window, not Incognito. If WhatsApp Web won’t load, try using it in incognito mode.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and select “New incognito window”.
- In the new window, open WhatsApp Web.
- For quick access Use keys at the same time: CTRL + SHIFT + N
Turn off VPN software
Using a VPN may set your IP address to an unsupported location, causing WhatsApp Web to fail. WhatsApp may block you from WhatsApp Web if it detects a VPN service. Disable your VPN to see if WhatsApp Web works.
- Go to Windows and Search Settings.
- Find VPN in Settings.
- Turn off Allow VPN over metered networks and Allow VPN while roaming in the advanced options.
Turn the proxy server off
- To open Settings, press Win + I.
- On the left, click Network & Internet.
- Select Proxy.
- Next to Use a proxy server, click Set up.
- Under Manual proxy setup, toggle Use a proxy server Off.
- Select Save.
Clear out the DNS cache
DNS cache clearing is simple. Almost all Windows systems follow the same procedure.
- To flush DNS on your Windows
- Load the Command Prompt as an administrator. Start Menu > Command Prompt.
- Run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns when the prompt loads and hit Enter on the keyboard.
Turn Airplane Mode on and off on Mobile
Phone connectivity issues may prevent WhatsApp Web from working. Toggling Airplane Mode fixes Android and iOS connections.
- Android’s Airplane Mode is toggled in Settings > Network & Internet.
- For iPhone: Open Control Center. you’ll see an icon of a plane. This is Airplane Mode.
Reset Mobile network settings
If your computer can’t reach your phone, WhatsApp Web won’t work. Check WhatsApp is working properly on your Android or iOS phone.
Reset your iPhone’s network settings. Settings, General, then Reset. Choose Reset then, select the Reset Network Settings option.
Open the troubleshooter for Internet connections
- Go to Settings > troubleshoot .
- Select Additional troubleshooters from Troubleshoot.
- Select Internet Connections and click Run the troubleshooter to open the window in the shot directly below.
QR code does not load
If you’ve opened WhatsApp Web but the QR code won’t load, it means your Internet connection dropped or is very slow. In the second case, the QR code will end up loading in a few seconds. This is what you can do if you encounter this error:
- Wait a few seconds to see if it finishes loading.
- If it still doesn’t work, refresh the page by pressing the F5 key.
- If it still doesn’t load, check that you have an Internet connection on your PC.
Zoom in to Scan the QR code on WhatsApp’s website
Users must scan a QR code to access WhatsApp’s web client. Low-resolution phone cameras sometimes blur QR codes.
- To capture the QR code, zoom in on WhatsApp by pressing Ctrl and + Key. The page and QR code will zoom in. Repeat QR code scanning.
Check Your Internet Connection
If your internet is slow or your computer drops its connection, your browser may not load the QR code.
In the same browser, visit other sites. If your browser can’t load other pages, your internet may be down.
WhatsApp is open on another computer
You can configure WhatsApp Web on multiple computers, but only one at a time. When you use WhatsApp Web on your laptop, messages won’t reach your desktop. When you log in to one site, you log out to the rest. This is what you can do:
- Tap Use here to start using WhatsApp on this site.
- If it still appears, close WhatsApp Web sessions and set it up again on the PC you are using.
Why is WhatsApp QR not working?
If your WhatsApp QR code isn’t working, a bad internet connection might be the problem. Make sure your phone and computer are both connected to the internet well. Clearing the browser’s saved data might also help.
How to update WhatsApp Web in Chrome?
To update WhatsApp Web in Chrome, the procedure is very simple. Once you have entered web.whatsapp.com, check that above the chats in the left panel there is a circular arrow. Press it and you will have access to automatic update.
What to do to make WhatsApp Web work?
For WhatsApp Web to work correctly, it is important to ensure that:
The phone and computer are connected to the network with the Internet.
The WhatsApp application is open on the phone.
The version of WhatsApp on the phone is compatible with the version of WhatsApp Web.
The Internet connection is stable.
The WhatsApp application is updated.