Instagram Reels is one of the content formats provided by the Instagram application, and it is worthwhile to learn how to use it because it is one of the most valued resources, both by users and by the Instagram application itself, which places a higher value on this type of content than others within its social network and thus shows it to more people. In this post, we explain the various methods and options for creating reels with photos on Instagram.
Why should you use Instagram Reels with photos?
By doing so, we will achieve the effect of a series of slides (which can be accompanied by music and other application effects) in which we can show different images of a special moment or a specific theme, so that it appeals to the receiver and that all of this content is perfectly spun.
As a result, we no longer need to use third-party apps to create this type of content within the Instagram app, because the app itself provides us with the option to share content within its social network.
Next, we’ll see some examples of when it’s useful to create photo reels; with practice, you’ll think of many more.
In this section, we’ll explain how to create Reels with photos using the app’s two options:
- How to make Reels with photos on Instagram by uploading them one by one.
- How to make Reels with photos on Instagram by uploading them at the same time.
How to make Reels with photos on Instagram by uploading them one by one.
At this point, we’re going to start from the beginning and explain how to make a Reel with photos by uploading them one by one in the Instagram app, as well as the different options and effects we can use when we do it this way. Here are the steps we need to take:
- From your Instagram profile, tap on the “+” icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the dropdown of options that will appear at the bottom of the screen, press “Reel”.
- Now, tap on the “+” icon at the bottom left corner to access the gallery.
- Select the photo you want to add to the Reel by clicking on it.
- At the bottom of the screen, a bar will appear with the duration of the Reel in total, and you will have to slide the bar to select how long you want that particular photo to be displayed. Once established, click on “Add”.
- Repeat the process, clicking on “+” and selecting a photo from the gallery, with as many photos as you want to add, and selecting the time in the bottom bar as we have explained. Once done, click “Add”.
- On each clip added one by one, you can select the following effects:
Audio: To add a song or audio to that particular clip.
Effects: To add an effect or filter to that particular clip.
Speed: To play that clip faster or slower.
Collage: To create a multi-photo composition for that particular clip.
Timer: To put a countdown.
- Once you have added the effects you want to that clip, click on “Next”.
If you want to add these options to each specific clip, you will have to do it after adding the photo to the Reel as we have explained and repeating the process for each specific photo.
- Now, you will appear on this screen. If you want to edit a specific clip, click on “Edit clips” in the lower left corner. At the top you can make the following options with all the photos of the Reel added, which appear in the following order:
When you have added the effects you want to your already assembled photo reel, click on “Next.”
- On this last screen, you can make the last options (select a cover, add a location, tag people, etc.). To publish your Reel with photos, click on “Share” on the blue button.
How to make Reels with photos on Instagram by uploading them at the same time.
If you want to make a Reel with photos on Instagram, you can also choose all the photos you want to include in the Reel at the same time from the gallery.
We can make our Reel faster with this method, but the process will be a little different, so it’s important to explain it step by step. Here’s how to do it:
- From our Instagram profile, the first thing we will do is click on the “+” icon that we find located in the upper right corner of our screen.
- Now, a list of options will be displayed, and among which we will have to select “Reels”.
- Now, within Reels, click on the thumbnail icon that appears at the bottom left of the screen, through which we will access the gallery and the content that we have saved in it.
- Select the photos that you want to appear as slides in the Reel, and you will see that their thumbnails are added at the bottom of the screen as you select them. Once selected, click on “Next”.
- At the bottom, suggested audio for your photo slideshow will appear. You can select one of the suggested audios or not by clicking on “Skip”.
- Now, in the upper options, you can perform the following options that appear in this order:
- Download Reel
- Add music or audio
- Add text
- Add stickers
- Add effect
Once you have added the options you want, click on “Next.”
- On the last screen, you can select the last details, such as changing the cover, tagging people, etc. To publish your photo reel, press “Share.”
Instagram has templates we can fill with our own photos to add visual and aural effects to our presentation. These templates are useful when we don’t have time to create a Reel from scratch and want to add transitions, filters, and music.
Here’s how to use Instagram Reels templates:
We’ve covered the two ways to make Instagram Reels. Yes, each method requires knowing its procedure, so we’ve detailed the two you can use. Now upload your photo Reels to Instagram.