Telegram’s messaging app lets you communicate with thousands of followers. We’ll explain how to search for Telegram groups in 2022 below.
Telegram is a popular messaging app. It has 700 million monthly active users and is among the top 5 most downloaded apps in 2022. The app’s groups and channels are popular.
Users can’t interact with messages broadcast on channels. In groups, you can write and talk with like-minded people. We’ll explain how to search for Telegram groups in 2022.
What is a group in Telegram?
Telegram groups are chats where users communicate. 200,000 people can join interest-based groups. Administrators can also be in the group, but they have more work to do because messages shouldn’t violate community rules.
Administrators may use bots to filter members, messages, or spam, but they miss something (by the way, they can be given different access rights). You can have both a channel and a group: for example, our site has both , so that you can quickly find out the news and discuss it with each other in parallel.
What is a channel in Telegram?
Telegram channels are like social networks, public or groups. The channel’s author posts relevant information. The channel can be open, when anyone can join by clicking Subscribe, or closed, when the owner or administrators review applications. A Telegram channel is a one-way “chat” where only the owner can broadcast; administrators can repost interesting user posts, but not always.
Group or Channel: What’s the difference?
First of all, it’s important to know that Telegram has two kinds of groups: channels and groups. Articles, announcements, and media files can be posted in channels, but only the admin can post in them. So far, the only people who can use this channel are those who have signed up to do so. On channels, you can only read what has already been posted and vote in polls.
On the other hand, Telegram groups are made so that users can talk to each other. So the people who are part of the group are more than just subscribers. Every member can share content and send messages on this site.
How to Create Groups in the App.
- Open Telegram on your smartphone.
- From there, click the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the top left .
- Then go to the New Group.
- Then select all the members you want to add to your group.
- Then tap the arrow at the bottom right.
- Now set a group name.
- Finally, tap the blue tick below to create the group.
You can’t join private groups unless invited. The group creator or admin decides. Private groups are designed for friends and family. Group settings change this.
How to Create Groups on the Desktop.
- In the desktop version of Telegram, open the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the top left.
- Then select New Group.
- Now add the members .
- After that, click on Next.
- Then enter a group name and click Create group.
How to search for groups in the App.
- In the Telegram app, tap the search bar icon at the top right.
- Then enter the group link, which usually looks like this: t.me/groupname.
- Then tap on the appropriate search result.
- To join the group, tap Join at the bottom.
How to search for groups on the Desktop.
- On the desktop version of Telegram, click the search bar in the top left.
- Now enter the group link, which has the following form: t.me/groupname.
- If the group is found, click on the search result on the left .
- Finally, click the Join button .
This is our tips to find Telegram groups and channels.