Incognito mode is a feature available in most modern web browsers that allows users to browse the internet without leaving a trace of their online activity. When using incognito mode, the browser does not store any cookies, browsing history, or other data related to the user’s online activity. This can be useful for a variety of reasons, such as protecting one’s privacy or avoiding targeted advertising.
To turn on incognito mode in ChatGPT, please follow these steps:
- Go to your ChatGPT profile and click on “Settings.”
- From the Settings menu, click on “Chat History and Training.”
- Toggle the switch to turn off “Chat History and Training”.
- Once you turn off chat history, your chats won’t be saved in your history or used for training ChatGPT’s models.
- Any unsafe chats will be deleted from ChatGPT’s systems within 30 days.
- You can turn on chat history again to disable incognito mode.
By following these steps, you can browse ChatGPT in incognito mode and maintain your privacy. It’s worth noting that while incognito mode can be a useful tool for protecting your privacy, it is not foolproof. Your internet service provider or network administrator may still be able to see your activity, and any websites or services you log into while browsing in incognito mode will still have access to your personal information. Therefore, it’s important to exercise caution and use additional privacy tools as necessary to protect your online activity.