Apple Magic Mouse vs Logitech MX Master 3S: Offering unique features for Mac OS users. They differ greatly in appearance and performance, addressing the different requirements of users. This article reviews these mice, and highlights their advantages and disadvantages to help you determine which one is suitable to your requirements.
Table of Contents
- Price Apple Magic Mouse sells around $79.99 and Logitech MX Master 3S sells for $93.00, which makes them directly competitive in terms of cost.
- Color Options: Logitech MX Master 3S comes in 3 color options (pale grey, graphite and black) and the Apple Magic Mouse comes in two shades (black as well as white).
- Material and Build Quality: This MX Master 3S is made of recycled plastic, with the texture of rubber, while Apple Magic Mouse is made of aluminum. Apple Magic Mouse features aluminum and a glossy plastic construction.
- Style Preference Personal preferences could differ, but the video shows that there is a preference for the appearance of the MX Master 3S.
- The button’s configuration The MX Master 3S has seven adjustable buttons, whereas the Apple Magic Mouse has a single button that is set to be the right-click.
- The Battery A: Magic Mouse lasts about 30 days with a fully charged while MX Master 3S MX Master 3S can go for around 70 days. This makes it the best with regard to battery longevity.
- Charging While In Use It is possible to charge the MX Master 3S is able to be charged even while it is being used this feature is not available on Apple Magic Mouse. Apple Magic Mouse.
- Click Sounds MX Master 3S: MX Master 3S has quieter clicks than that of Apple Magic Mouse.
- Gaming performance Both mice can be used for gaming, however, MX Master 3S MX Master 3S has a slight advantage with its 120 Hz speed of polling in comparison against the 90 Hz Magic Mouse. The term “polling rate” refers to how frequently the mouse changes its position.
- Ergonomics MX Master 3S: MX Master 3S is considered much more ergonomic than Apple Magic Mouse, which is considered to be the least ergonomic.
Design and Ergonomics
The Magic Mouse, Apple’s native wireless mouse, is an elegant, minimalist design. The surface of the mouse is sensitive to touch, which allows vertical as well as horizontal scrolling with no physically-moving scroll wheel. The design provides an effortless and fluid user experience, particularly when using Mac OS.
Contrastingly, the MX Master 3S focuses on ergonomic design. It’s elevated to aid in more comfortable wrist positioning, and reduce strain when using it for long periods of time. The mouse comes with additional buttons, including a top scroll wheel and a side scroll wheel, as well as a hand rest feature. These features improve the usability of the mouse, particularly when working in a multi-tasking setting.
Customization and Functionality
Magic Mouse Magic Mouse integrates seamlessly with Mac OS, allowing control of different functions using the system’s preferences. It does not have physical buttons as well as shortcuts for specific applications.
The MX Master 3S excels in the ability to customize. By using Logi Options Plus, the Logi Options Plus app, users can assign actions to the buttons which can boost efficiency in programs like Final Cut Pro, Photoshop or Excel. This degree of customisation makes it an ideal option for users who need more than simple surfing and productive.
Connectivity and Charging
The pairing of with the Magic Mouse with your device requires the use of a Lightning cable. The MX Master 3S uses a device pairing button that can connect at least three different devices at once. This support for multiple devices is great for those who are constantly switching between multiple devices.
In terms of charging in terms of charging, it is possible to charge the Magic Mouse uses a Lightning cable, but it is not able to be used during charging. Its MX Master 3S uses USB-C which permits use while charging which is a major benefit.
Portability and Price
Its Magic Mouse is smaller, making it easier to carry for people who are constantly moving. Logitech’s answer for mobility can be described as the MX Anywhere 3S, a smaller version of the MX Master 3S.
Cost-wise in terms of price, it’s a bit more expensive than the MX Master 3S is slightly costlier, but comes with a lot of features, including more ergonomics and better the ability to customize. It’s available in black graphite, and pale gray and the Magic Mouse comes in white and black.
When considering whether to choose the Apple Magic Mouse or the Logitech MX Master 3S, factors like design, ergonomics, battery life, and price should be considered. While Apple’s offerings represent a leap forward in some aspects, they also have shortcomings that might make alternatives like the Logitech MX Master 3S more appealing to certain users.
The choice from either the Magic Mouse and the MX Master 3S will depend on the specific requirements of your. Opt on either the Magic Mouse for a seamless Apple experience and for basic task-related tasks. If, however, you’re seeking the ability to use multiple devices, user-friendly buttons, ergonomics that are better, and USB-C connectivity, then the MX Master 3S model is the ideal option.
- Comfort and Ergonomics: The MX Master 3S outperforms the Magic Mouse significantly. Its design offers better support and comfort, particularly for prolonged use. The Magic Mouse’s sleek but less ergonomic design leads to wrist strain.
- Quality and Aesthetics: Both mice score high in this category, but the Magic Mouse edges out slightly due to its premium materials and minimalist design. The MX Master 3S, while slightly behind, is praised for its quality build and quiet clicking feature.
- Productivity and Customization: The MX Master 3S shines with its extensive customization options through the Logi Options Plus app and its multi-device connectivity. The Magic Mouse, limited by its basic customization settings and inconvenient charging design, falls short.
- Portability: The Magic Mouse takes the lead due to its slim and compact design, making it highly portable and easy to carry around.
The MX Master 3S is crowned the better choice for Mac users, especially for those prioritizing ergonomics, productivity, and customization. However, the Magic Mouse is preferred for its portability, making it a suitable option for travel and use with an iPad.