It can be hard to keep track of all your social media accounts if you have a lot of them. So, here’s how to connect your Instagram and Facebook accounts.
For businesses, the two social media sites should be used together, but many people use them separately. It’s easy to link Instagram and Facebook together. We’ll tell you how to link the accounts, what the benefits are, and how to separate them again if you need to.
In a few steps, you can link your Facebook account to Instagram. Here, we’ll tell you how to do it.
If you link your Instagram account to your Facebook account, you can share posts on both sites at the same time. Since Facebook owns Instagram, linking the two accounts is easy and comes with some useful features.
How to connect Facebook to Instagram
Follow our step-by-step guide or check out the quick start guide.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap your profile picture in the bottom left corner to go to your Instagram profile.
- Then use the menu with three lines in the upper right corner. Then, choose “Settings.”
- Now select the entry “Set up Accounts Center.“
- Then tap on ” Share in other apps.”
- Now select ” Facebook“. Sign in with your Facebook account information if you’re not already logged in. When asked, give the app the permissions it needs.
- A new window will then open in which you can log in to your Facebook account .
- If you have successfully logged in, tap on the ” Next” button.
- Then select ” Yes, finish setup.”
- Your Facebook account is now connected to your Instagram account. Tap to open more settings.
- You can then activate the desired options under ” Automatically share” to also publish posts and stories from Instagram to Facebook.
How do I connect or disconnect my Instagram and Facebook accounts?
Link Instagram with Facebook
To link your Instagram account with your Facebook account and be able to directly share your Instagram posts on Facebook, you have to:
- Open your Instagram account .
- Go to the profile and click on the three stripes in the upper right corner.
- Then click on “Settings” > “Account” > “Linked accounts“.
- Then click on “Facebook” to activate it, and it will ask you for your information to log in. Enter it and the accounts will be linked.
Once this is done, you will be able to share the posts or stories that you upload from your Instagram account directly to your Facebook account. Also, if you manage a Facebook page, you can also upload them there. For it:
- Repeat the steps above .
- Once you have linked your Facebook account, click on “Share on” and choose the page you manage . This way, your posts will be uploaded to the page you manage and not to your personal profile. If you don’t do this, they will be uploaded to your personal profile because it is set by default.
Unlink Instagram with Facebook.
If you don’t want your Instagram and Facebook accounts to be linked for whatever reason, it’s very simple:
- Open the Instagram app .
- Go to your profile .
- Click on the three stripes in the upper right corner.
- Now click on “Settings“.
- Next, click on “Account” > “Linked accounts.”
- Then click on ” Facebook” > ” Unlink account” (on iPhone) or ” Unlink” (on Android).
- Click on “Yes, unlink” to confirm it.