Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2 vs Anker Soundcore Space Q45: When it comes to choosing the perfect pair of headphones, the options seem endless. Two contenders that stand out are the Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2 and the Anker Soundcore Space Q45. In this detailed comparison, we’ll explore various aspects of these headphones, including design, build quality, sound quality, price, and ultimately, which one comes out on top.
Table of Contents
Pros and Cons
|Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2||Anker Soundcore Space Q45|
|Good sound quality||App includes customizable EQ|
|Stays on comfortably||Stays on comfortably|
|Superb battery life||Decent ANC performance|
|Reliable button controls||Reliable button controls|
|Weak active noise cancellation||Average sound quality|
|No aptX support||No aptX support|
Design: Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2 vs Anker Soundcore Space Q45
From the first touch, the ANC 2s scream quality. They feel durable, ensuring longevity. The control buttons and the bass slider have undergone updates. Now, the bass adjustment uses a scroll wheel, which is intuitive. While some may miss the slider, the wheel is functional and efficient.
- The Crusher ANC 2 features a bold and modern design.
- It sports adjustable sensory bass sliders on the earcups, allowing you to customize the bass level.
- The headphones come in various color options, appealing to those who want a bit of style.
The Q45s sport a mainly plastic build with a matte finish, which gives it a premium look. They are designed with collapsible ear cups and an exposed stainless steel headband, reminiscent of the Sony 1000xm2. The leatherette beneath the headband and on the earpads offers a soft and comfortable touch.
- The Soundcore Space Q45 boasts a more subtle and sleek design.
- With a matte finish and premium metal accents, they offer an elegant appearance.
- The focus here is on minimalism and comfort.
- The Crusher ANC 2 is constructed with durable materials, and the sensory bass sliders feel robust.
- The overall build quality is satisfactory and can handle regular use.
- Soundcore’s Space Q45 headphones are built to last, featuring a sturdy metal construction.
- The hinges and headband are polished metal, ensuring longevity.
In terms of build quality, both headphones are reliable, but the premium feel of the Space Q45 gives it a slight edge.
Customization and Comfort
Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2
- App Customization: The Skull-iQ app offers various customization features.
- Comfort: Generously thick cushioning on the headband for prolonged comfort.
- Buttons: Larger buttons for onboard controls.
Anker Soundcore Space Q45
- Design Change: Features thinner cushioning on the headband from its predecessors.
- Noise Cancellation: More effective at blocking out background noise via ANC.
- Comfort: Some users might find prolonged usage constraining due to thinner headband cushioning.
- Crusher ANC 2 is known for its impressive bass performance, thanks to the adjustable bass sliders.
- The sound signature leans towards bass-heavy, making it ideal for bass enthusiasts.
- Overall sound quality is good, with clear mids and highs.
- Soundcore Space Q45 offers a balanced sound profile with deep bass that doesn’t overpower.
- The 40mm drivers with a double-layer design (metal and ceramic) enhance acoustic appreciation.
- You get clear mids, highs, and rich bass without sacrificing balance.
In the sound quality department, the Soundcore Space Q45 provides a more balanced and versatile audio experience, making it suitable for a wider range of listeners.
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- The Crusher ANC 2 headphones offer active noise cancellation, which significantly reduces ambient noise.
- They use advanced technology to create a more immersive listening experience by blocking out external disturbances.
- The Soundcore Space Q45 also features active noise cancellation.
- It utilizes a three-phase adaptive noise cancellation system, automatically adjusting to the surrounding environment.
Both headphones provide effective noise cancellation, enhancing your listening experience by minimizing external noise.
- The Crusher ANC 2 is known for its adjustable sensory bass technology.
- It has bass sliders on the earcups, allowing you to customize the bass intensity to your liking.
- The Soundcore Space Q45 delivers deep and rich bass without the need for manual adjustments.
- The 40mm drivers with a double-layer design (metal and ceramic) provide enhanced bass quality.
The Crusher ANC 2 offers customizable bass with its sensory bass sliders, while the Soundcore Space Q45 provides balanced, high-quality bass without any manual adjustments.
Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2
- Voice Assistant: Built-in voice assistant specific to the headphones.
- Spotify Tap & Camera Control: Ability to control Spotify and take photos from the phone.
- Tile Integration: Integration with the popular Bluetooth tracking network.
Anker Soundcore Space Q45
- High-Res Audio Support: Support for the LDAC codec for hi-res audio playback.
- Phone Calls: Better wind reduction for clearer phone calls.
One of the key highlights of the ANC 2s is their extended battery life. Expect up to 60 hours with ANC turned off and around 50 hours with it on.
- Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2: 60 hours
Boasting 50 hours of battery life with ANC on, the Q45s have an edge in this department. Multiple device connectivity and support for high-res audio further accentuate their appeal.
- Anker Soundcore Space Q45: 50 hours with ANC on; 65 hours with ANC off
The Crusher ANC 2 headphones are available at a mid-range price point, making them accessible for many consumers.
Soundcore Space Q45 offers excellent value for money, with a competitive price that doesn’t compromise on quality.
Which Is Better?
The choice between the Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2 and the Anker Soundcore Space Q45 ultimately depends on your preferences and priorities.
If you’re all about that bass and enjoy a more colorful and customizable design, the Crusher ANC 2 is an excellent choice.
However, if you value a more balanced sound, premium build quality, and a sleek, understated design, the Soundcore Space Q45 is the better option.
Both headphones offer fantastic features and performance for their respective price ranges. It’s essential to consider what matters most to you—whether it’s aesthetics, sound quality, or value for money—before making your decision.
The Anker Soundcore Space Q45 emerges as the winner in this comparison, providing an impressive overall package of design, build quality, sound, and affordability. However, your personal preferences may lead you to favor the Skullcandy Crusher ANC 2 if you prioritize customizable bass and a more vibrant look. Regardless of your choice, both headphones offer a great listening experience for school students and audiophiles alike.